View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Don\'t like how I played these...

Hand 1:

A case could be made for leading the flop to get the tilting c/o to raise and face the field with 2 cold. Planning on a turn checkraise, assuming nobody folds, only puts one person to a two cold decision, and I don't think thats really what you should be going for, as weak as your hand is. On the other hand, if you were confident that you had the best on the turn, getting value is never a bad thing.

On the river if your getting checked to you are probably in front. I still wouldn't bet, however, as its unlikely that anybody with a worse hand will call. I haven't read the results yet, but my guess is MP turned a flush draw or had a better Q, and c/o probably had something like 88 or AK.

Hand 2:

Villians range of hands is so wide planning on folding this at all is just crazy. I'd 3 bet the turn and call if capped. I'm calling this even if he caps. This constant bet/fold to a raise nonsense makes aggressive players a lot of money. Save that play for when you have 2nd pair with a strong kicker, or some other mediocre value betting hand. Having a plan that involves folding top set heads up can never be good. If he turned/rivered a flush, good for him, sometimes you just gotta dig in your heals.

I'm gonna go read the results now, I'm guessing in hand 2 you probably lost to JJ with the J of spades or something like that. If you won, he probably flopped a set of Ten's.

lf