View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: My 2004 Tahoe Z71

I updated the main post with the Specs and whatnot, as well as some details to the previous owner.

When I KBBed the vehicle with all the options included, it retailed at about $38K. When I called for a price (as it wasn't listed with one), they quoted me $34,900. I told him it was too high, and I don't feel like driving two hours up there to negotiate for hours on end and not come to a deal, so what is the rock bottom they are offering. He said 32K, add in my 96 Jeep trade-in and that brought it down to 30K. There is a little more to it where the manager called back, said he needed at least 33K for it, etc...but I stood on 30K with my trade in because "that's all I had" (great line they can't object)...and he agreed as long as the trade in checked out. All went well, I put another 3K down and financed the rest. Not to mention I just had my Jeep in the shop and it had about 2K in repairs that were "highly recommended". So I wound up getting about 8K off retail with my trade in that was really valued around $0.

So yeah, good guess...right on the money. BTW 30K for that vehicle with 11,000 miles and fully loaded is a sick price. Clearly you're a swindler! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another kick to the story is I almost bought a 2002 3 days earlier but walked out on the dealer after 3 hours of negotiation because he wouldn't drop $800. Turned out better this way, got a 2004 with EVERYTHING I wanted...for about $5K more.

Now if only poker would turn around and help me with the payments! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]