View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Need some Tips for SNG Tournaments

[ QUOTE ]

Now, I am sure many will laugh at me for saying this, but I'd also consider switching sites if I were you. I have been a big party advocate for a long time now, but I think those days are gone. Pokerstars is better for a lot of reasons. First, the structure is a lot better. You start with more chips relative to the blinds and the levels go up more slowly. Second, someday you might want to move up (or even down) and pokerstars is a better site to do this on. You can play $5+.50 tourneys if you start feeling the $10 game is too tough and if you want to move up, you can move to $20+2 before jumping straight to $30+3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certainly not laughing! I believe this is absolutely right. Stars is a much better sng environment for the patient player. I play mostly $5 and $10 limit SNGs. They are, if nothing else, the most poker for the least risk.

I also agree with the recommended strategy emphasized in this thread; tight, tigheter, tightest. Make the final three, and you've got a little profit and a lot of play for the money. Then, go after them!! Get as aggressive as you want.