View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Do you believe the shuffle is really random online???

"Actually, it is quite difficult to implement a proper pseudorandom sequence that both covers the entire space of shuffled decks and is not susceptible to various exploits."

Yes this is what my research has led me to believe. Please don't get me wrong people, I'm not saying that every online poker site is fixed or that the cards are predictable. However it is a known fact that at certain times in the past people were able to predict the cards to be dealt, as well as players hole cards, either due to poor shuffles or from hacking things like hand history servers. Therefore I think it is somewhat naive to just assume the shuffles cannot be predicted/reproduced by smart groups of people, at least some of the time, at some of the sites. I have been playing poker both live and online for some time and have had a solid winning record in the past few years. When I suddenly cannot win, and seem to be getting bad beats from players who seem to play as if they know what cards are coming, I wonder if something could be wrong.

Anyway in an attempt to get this thread back on track let me say the following:

Starting late last year/early this year I suddenly found my self unable to win at the biggest online site, at the top two limits. I am just wondering if other people with winning track records have had a similar experence at a similar time. If so please post about it here, so we could compair notes and try to determine if something is really wrong. Maybe someone out there who knows something we don't will see this posts and reply.

Ralphie