View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: $33: 4 hands from yesterday\'s losing session

1. Fine.

2. I'd have made a pot-sized bet on the turn. Then when he check-raises you all-in, you might not have that same read (that he thought you were bluffing). As is, it's read dependent. You're either way ahead, or he has you crushed (or I guess you could be drawing very live to a split pot). You made the wrong read. Not the end of the world.

3. I'd have made a raise to 175ish, though a push is certainly within reason, especially if you think you might get calls from raggedy aces. As it turned out, it didn't matter - you guys were getting in preflop regardless, and you lost the flip. Meh.

4. I'd fold this and try to open-push anything given the opportunity. You know you're getting a caller in this case. If you were fairly certain the blinds wouldn't come along, though I don't see how you could be, I don't have as big a problem with the push. I'm always a little wary of open-limpers to begin with too, but this one turned out to be nothing to worry about.

I'd have played a few of these differently, but I don't think any are catastrophic leaks, with the possible exception of #2 - that one seemed a little reckless.