Thread: 3X AQ in BB
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 3X AQ in BB

Hand 1: if SB is reasonable and tight, as you say, then I am scared to death of him calling off 40% of his stack instead of raising all in. Perhaps the SB is planning a stop and go, or perhaps he has a monster. I would say that the chances he is doing a stop and go are pretty slim (since a person who is knowledgeable about the stop and go would also be worried about what the BB is going to do). So, barring that, I would only put a reasonable player on AK, or JJ - AA. That's as loose as I can get it. But maybe he's not reasonable. If you've been at the table a while and haven't seen loose play yet by the SB, I think I would fold.

Hand 2: That's a poor bet by the mp, no matter what he has. I think your AQ is good, but I also think he is going to call your push and you may be up against a smaller pocket pair. Given this piss-poor bet, I would put his range at AT - AQ, and 77 - QQ. This kind of guy would minraise a monster. I might try a stop and go here, on the chance that you are against a pocket pair.

Hand 3: Call.

NOTE: I just read the results, and I see that I am off on the first 2 hands. Good reason not to post the results when asking for advice.