View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: ($109) Too passive a line, or just right?

[ QUOTE ]
If I raise the turn, I'm only pushing out weak hands, and folding hands that are scared of the Ace. True, I'm making a diamond draw pay, but given his line, he obviously doesn't have an Ace, and is scared of the card. If he had a strong hand, he wouldn't have made such a small flop bet (fearing a flush draw). I feel that with my line, I at least extract some value out of hands like KK or KQ, hence the value raise on the end. If a diamond would have come off, I obviously would not have min raised.

He ended up paying me off with KK. I feel like I got the max out of his hand and I didn't put big money in when I was behind (preflop).

ZBTHorton, I think your logic about betting the turn is correct most of the time. Given the range that I put MP2 on, the river raise was for value as it could look like a diamond draw that missed.

Obviously, I posted this hand because I'm not sure of myself, completely. Can you please give me your logic for betting the turn if I put him on a weaker hand then a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how your dissecting your hands, and that will always help you later in your development as a player, but I think your overthinking this a little.

You've got the best hand on the turn. With alot of chips already in the middle, it's time to make a bet. Even if you take down the pot now, your still doing well. By not betting you allowed any donkey w/ KJ to now have you beat. A diamond could have come. Lots of bad cards can show.