View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: Chip Distribution

Ken,

First, I would say to pay attention to what Hedge said about colors and traditional or standard money amounts. That being said, it’s your game and if there are no money amounts on the chips you can make them any money or color you want. I think you con confuse people (especially if they are drinking) when you stray away from the big 5 colors White=1 Red=5 Blue=10 Green=25 Black=100. I run poker games poker games for other and use theses standard values plus Purple=500 and Yellow=1000 with Grey=5000. The first 5 colors are just about universal standards with larger or odd amount chips subject to more variance.

I recently attend a charity event of about 150 players. Since I wasn’t running it I got to play. There were several people at one of my tables who couldn’t ever get the money amounts down because they played their home games for years with oddball colors and values. It creates too much conflict and led to people getting pissed off. Yes, some had been drinking but it just made them more confused. My advice is use what you can from your chips but buy your new chips according to the above colors and your needs and you will never be disappointed. If you don’t mind very plain chips and you want keep a low cost then I would recommend the Faux Clay Chip. The feel good, sound good, and stack well. They just look plain. If you have a little more to spend you can get the Nexgens (nice looking and feel pretty decent for 1000 at $169.00 in an acrylic carrier with trays. Check some of the sites that have chip reviews along with a search here. I have no connection with the below links you may use them or not. They were among my choice for my 3000 chips.

Best Wishes

Kona

Faux Clay Chips
NexGen