View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Ever wonder why 2+2 is going downhill?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Pete. Do I need to explain more, or be less sarcastic, because my name is in green?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both.

I guess I would just like to be able to read a response (especially when it is from a moderator) that has some substance and redeeming value to it. Instead, a vast majority of responses state only an opinion that is not backed up with any facts or explanation (are are therefore worthless in most cases). Of course, this is just my opinion. Perhaps many people at 2+2 like reading just opinions.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had typed out why you thought capping and folding were the same in terms of EV, then I could figure out what's specifically wrong with what you're saying. With a oneliner post that is clearly wrong, though, I can't say much; it's akin to just posting the solution to a story problem in math rather than posting how you arrived at that solution. I attempted later in this thread to explain it to you, but you'll have to let me know if that helps or not.

Edit: I just found the source for your original disagreement, and from my experience in that situation, capping is a fair amount higher in terms of EV than folding (obviously 0EV since it's a preflop decision). I deleted my original response since it didn't help with the subject matter.

If you want a great analysis, you can read James' posts on the matter, which should have been where the thread ended.

Rob