View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Results and Thoughts

I knew I was getting the right price to get all in with UTG+1 if my read was right. I would have 40% equity in a 245BB pot (if called by UTG+1 alone) and it would cost me 84BB's for my 98BB equity....a no brainer really.

I only knew my 40% instantly from going through this process on these boards many time, that's why these exercizes are good for all of us.

What I didn't know at the time is how much MP1's hand effected my pot equity and wasn't sure what he held.

I was suprised to see that when I ran the pokerstove #'s even if MP1 turned over AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and UTG had AA-QQ I would still have 26.6% equity in the pot, which is just 2% below being an even money call.

That's when I decided to post it, because it was the fabled "small edge, or taking the slight worst of it"

I pushed all in, UTG+1 insta called, MP1 hesitated, then folded.

Turn (245BB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River (245BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG+1 shows Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] MHIG

FWIW MP1 saide after the hand he had JJ.

I'm glad I pushed (obviously) and that the pot so big on the flop that calling wasn't an option as the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] would have made me pull my hair out if MP1 was still in the hand (since I didn't have a good read on what he had)

So I got action while I had a pot equity edge and got the $$$ in before the nastiest card in the deck for an overpair appeared on the turn.

Its nice when things unfold like God intended. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy