View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: I can\'t get away from top set here can I? *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
First of all a call makes no sense.

If your read is that he has a flush 100.000% of the time, your implied odds are 3.2763 to 1 and as you pointed out you need 3.40529 to 1 in order to play on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I figured something out about 2+2. I think when people are really running bad for that day/week or whatever, they come on here to vent against other posters.

You really haven't understood anything I've said to this point. Yet because I've been insulted I feel compeled to defend my inital post and try and explain this better.

1) My inital post contained a question. The question was, does a loose passive fish mini-raise this turn with anything other then the nuts (which here would be the ace high flush)? Here is my evidence to support an otherwise absurd conclusion against ANY other opponent.
A) Hero showed a lot of strength pre-flop OOP.
B) Villian called flop - typical line for a passive flush chaser here.
C) A diamond came on the turn (a scare card for a fish), who then mini-raises hero. Hmmm... Still sound like a passive fish to you?
D) My experience has shown that villian has the exact hand you don't want to see here in this spot.

2) I did not advocate a call. I advocated a fold. I said that against most other opponents at least a call is in order considering the hand ranges and odds being given to hero.

3) I realize quite clearly that saying someone has X hand 100% of the time is tough to swallow for most players, but if you disagree, or your experience shows you others PLEASE say so. I'd rather share information then tell someone they're an idiot.