View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: How did you choose your career (semi-long)

^^^I'm actually his top collector right now [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

So, I work @ Taco~Bell during senior year in high school get promoted to night manager after 2 1/2 months got tired of that BS.

Went to work for a car dealer as a lot attendant where i learned to drive manual trans. after many failed attempts at people shwoing me i grabbed a Golf and had at it. Later the same style car I come to love plus + turbo pretty much cost me my job since I crash it after working there about 4 months they try to charge me $4000 or so for repairs i told them thats what the insurance they have is for since i was on the job and they refuse and threaten to take from my pay so I just up and quit.

Got a job @ Wal-Mart working in electronics (most of my female relatives have worked there so I was already well known) 3 months in I become night shift supervisor (more of a hey your our electronics bitch at night we need you to run this joint for big movie premiers and video games and such) so i get tired of that stuff after almost a year was i believe 11 months and a few weeks i get offered a job with the government.

I work highway construction as a laborer for the government working to expand the 95 here in Vegas. Make hella bank buy a car, buy tons of other crap i mean hell i was makeing a lil over $900 a week [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], The jobs ends. They want to send me to Arizona and Alaska soon after. I dont wanna move so I cash out my pension and got a job at McCarren Airport.

Worked @ AVIS-Rent-A-Car as a customer service rep. I started doing preffered customers but i hated it so just went to regyular peoples since they are less jack asses. I rent them cars, take returns and do a minor wash her and there. Make mad bank with all the OT. Girl @ work tells me i have the best attitude for a bill colllector i had never thought of it and she told me to apply so i told her to pick an ad out for me and i would apply. She gets me an email address i then email my resume...

Now, Im working for the past 4 months @ the collections agency that Mr. Gamblegamble runs, where I a single rookie collector with no experience whatsoever has taken the spot of #1 collector in our office. Out collecting people who act so bad ass comeing out of training just because they have collected for 8 or 9 years. When they see a young guy with no experience own them I must say it brings a smile to my face.

But as far as a career I hope to establish myself in this company and if that doesnt happen well I will go wherever life takes me next.