View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: 2/4 NL, am I a tilt monkey?

If villain is weak on the flop, then I like a re-raise here in LP and then try to take it down on the flop. I don't terribly mind a call here, but I'd like flat calling when I get better implied odds with suited connectors in multi-ways from LP.

His bet of 20 screams of a continuation bet, so you really should raise the flop here and try to take it down. Too many overcards on the turn and you don't have one of them.

The "A" could have helped your opponent, but then he does something odd here and checks. OK, so you bet out 50, which is a good sized bet considering how villain has played the hand thus far. Also, you have some outs. I think his check/call indicates that either he is afraid of the A and has 66 or 88, he hit his A with a smallish kicker or he's frustrated and is chasing the flush. Instead of betting 50, I bet the pot. Whatever the case, he's not strong.

The one thing I worry about sometimes in these scenarios is when players overplay their hands, sometimes this "A" will help them and I will lose $$. However, there are too many draws on the board for player to see a free river, you probably have the best hand at this point, and you are getting some outs on the river to cover you. So, betting out on the turn here is OK.

Your check on the river is reasonable. Equally reasonable is a bet of 50-70. I doubt you get re-raised and you only have to be right ~33% of the time to profit. Tough decision, the check is fine.

Oh yeah, and you're not a tilt monkey as long as you read your opponent for his hands. I like playing with lots of suited connectors myself, you just have to pick your spots and your opponents well when doing it.