Thread: time-pot hand
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: time-pot hand

"So when someone posts in the co for 60 and you have AKo in sb you just muck right? Cause you'll be out of position? Honestly I see very little difference in the situation."

I see a huge difference. If I complete the small blind in your example, that's still only $140 in the pot. That's under the threshold, so yes, I would call or raise. If I end up winning the pot by showing my hand down after all streets gets checked, or by betting postflop (or raising preflop)causing them to fold, then I still don't pay the $63.

If in your example what you had in mind was that it is NOT a time pot, then again, I see a huge difference. If there is not going to be $63 taken out of the pot, then it's just a regular poker hand, and I would do whatever I would do if there was no such thing as time pots.

Can you think of a case where the fact that it's a time pot would affect your preflop play? If the answer is no, then fine, we're not on the same page at all. But if the answer is yes, then all we really differ on is the degree to which time-pots affect our preflop strategy.

Tommy