View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Ever fold KK preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
See, here's what sucks. I almost *knew* I wasn't gonna win. Don't ask me how, or why, something in my gut said "this ain't good". Now I don't normally get that. I usually just play the cards that are dealt and that's that. But given the texture of the game, the players etc..., and my cold-snap (this really factored in a lot), I layed it down. Here's the flop:
Flop: (17.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG+1 calls.

So of course, I would've lost. The A almost guarantees it. So in this case, my laydown was fortuitous, it saved me money. Is following your gut a bad thing? Or is that just fear that comes from negative variance? At the beginning of my downswing 3 weeks ago, I would've called. But after having KK get busted so many times (as I said, it's turned -EV for me), it seemed that this is the right thing to do... Or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes downswings can be very frustrating. But by playing weak tight because you "know" that you're going to lose again is just going to make things worse. You should never ever in your entire life fold KK preflop in limit holdem. It is a very big mistake.