View Single Post
Old 10-15-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour allows questionable entry option

[ QUOTE ]
Please remember that tournaments are only profitable as long as there are players worse than you in the tournament. The worse they are, the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Even I'm the only one to say this, I'll say it. I think better competitors make a better competition. We could argue all day about this.

One point that I am making and nobody is touching on is the direct buy-in itself. I perhaps shouldn't have muddied the issue by throwing the phrase donk in.

I just feel that allowing a direct buy-in is unfair to the majority of the field. Now from a money management point of view, it's stupid to spend $2k for a chance to win $30k. With $2k one could enter a bigger tourny and play for a bigger payoff. So in that regard it's may seem acceptable since the extra 1600 will go into the prize fund and be a quasi "tax" on those guys.

But still, not all of the 150-200 players financially have this option, so it is unfair.

It's also unfair because 150-200 players will have to beat 80% of the players in their qualifying round, while the guys blowing $2k won't.

And as I said in my OP; if this is fair then let me put up $4k and go directly to the final table...