View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 07:48 PM

Default Re: KK OOP on an AQ flop

[ QUOTE ]
Lately I've been making my reraises in these positions bigger because opponents take you for stealing a lot. I would go like 30-35 here, but it doesn't really factor into the hand. Villian raises with a lot of hands on the button even when he's 20/11. Make your standard continuation bet, and hope for the best. I think you definitely get enough folds, and it sets up your future bets when you have a stronger hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a bit of a tangent, I prefer keeping my re-raises from the blinds pot-sized but making my range AA-QQ/AK and also JJ/AQ maybe depending on opponent. Then I bet any flop, and I have some kick ass shania which puts some nice reverse implied odds on my opponent if he want to call my flop bet.

If he calls my flop bet I usually check-raise turn or check/fold turn, I find this overall strategy works very well to lose a small pot or win a big one. Check out this sick hand:

---
---
CO ($475.30)
---
Hero ($465.40)
---

CO is 36/9/2.4

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $14</font>, Button calls $14, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $46, Button folds.

Flop: ($138) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, CO calls $80.

Turn: ($298) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

<font color="blue"> Up to this point against a dude with a pfr of 9 I will play AA-QQ/AK like this only and always. This means I have AK about half the time, and AA-QQ the other half so a check with all these hands is perfect, as people cannot seem to resist 'buying a cheap showdown'.

Of course I fold with AK and checkraise with AA-QQ </font>

Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes</font>, CO calls

River: ($948.80) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: $948.80

CO had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]