Thread: Am I a Nit?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: Am I a Nit?

[ QUOTE ]
Not at all. I pick on people who let it be known that they are loaded and high rollin and going to clean up the toughest games in town, when they have had no experience doing such a thing. I do this, because I encounter these people everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

At no point did I specify what my entire bankroll was or what relation the $15k was to my bankroll. At no point in my original deep stack thread did I intend to brag about the amount of money I was bringing, rather it was a tool for others to answer the question I brought to the table, so to speak.

I don't consider the stakes I play to be high rolling. Some would agree. Some would disagree. We know which camp you are in.

In regards to having or not having experience playing live, you are once again reading all that white type that I apparently put into my deep stack post. I have played live since I was 18, legally and illegal, but that is immaterial. To argue with such conviction that there is simply no way on God's green earth that I could have played live AND have this amount of money merely shows your ineptitude regarding poker, reading comprehension, and really, life in general.

At no point in my original thread did I mention anything about "cleaning up" the games in Vegas. For all I know I may lose all the money I bring. But I am bringing it to gamble. What I do with my money is of relatively little concern of yours, although, I suppose I do appreciate it in some bizarro-world type way.

At no point in my post did I mention trying to beat the "toughest" games. Rather, as a card player, and this might be of fiscal interest to you, I try to find soft games. In games where there is relatively easy competition I am at a higher probability to win money. If the stakes are higher, I stand to win even more. In my original post I merely stated that I wanted to find deep-stacked games, because, as I originally stated, it is the best way to make the most out of a profitable situation. Plus, I find it more enjoyable.

You play 1/2 nl. I'm also assuming you buy-in anywhere from $100-$200. This is somewhat shortstack poker, especially the $100 buy in. Tight, aggressive play will win you money there. Post flop play is less mandatory. In deep stack play, poker becomes a different game, and it requires a LOT of post flop play. This is the type of play I am looking for in Vegas, Tracker.

I'm sure you have encountered many people who are unaware of their relative skill in the card-playing arena. I make no such mistake, and perhaps am on the opposite side of the spectrum in that I am well aware of how others play and strive to overcome my downfalls, and more importantly seek them out aggressively. It is this that ensures that I continue learning the specificities of this (in my humble opinion) fine craft.

I hope this clears things up for you and that you can see why you've been responded to so negatively.

Have a fine day and a fine New Years.