View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Live Limit Hold\'em Pros

i dont think you quite understand just how loose the games are even at 20/40.. here up north at foxwoods there are 6 players per flop, just like the lower limits.. i dont care if you play limit or NL.. you need a HUGE bankroll to play for a living whether in NL or limit.. i would also be even willing to say that because of the pure LAG style of players (unless you move up to very high limits) that you would need a BR bigger for LHE than NLHE, because in NL you're playing tighter, and chasing less. LHE is very mathematical but when you're not hitting those draws (which will happen, and it feels like forever when the bad streaks come) you're gonna go through a lot if you're playing correctly in jamming the pot with strong draws.

say you're playing 20/40 and you have a open ended SD and FD, you're looking at pumping that pot for value to sting those guys who are coming in with any pair, suited connectors.. etc.

it takes quite a patient person to play full time, I play $200 $1/$2 NL for a living as a student, and it is more stressful than any other living you can imagine. Do yourself a huge favor and make sure of a few things.

1. your skill level is significantly large over your opposition.
2. you are an established <u>winning player</u>.
3. you can deal withe the stress of losing when you're playing the correct way. (because in cash games, rather than tournaments, you see the losses pile up in front of you)
4. you have enough money put aside so that you can live for six months minimum with no winnings.
5. you have a BR large enough that it is never a thought in your mind. you should also be adding to it whenever you make a larger than normal win streak.