View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Ace when you have major KICKER issues

Just to clarify its 150 hands on the better and his af is 28(Maybe PT has gone psycho?)

These are datamined unfortunatly mostly, but i do have notes just cant access till they return to tables.

So after reading your post RunDownHouse - Your reasoning is great and i agree pretty much(Ok the hand panned out differently to your logical explanation) but i still prefer your line.

Something i seem to be doing alot of is taking likes that let me put money in when behind yet win little when im ahead(bad hands fold, Good hands raise).

My reasoning for this line was i can scoop the pot here and now Vs many hands and i'm likly ahead.

i think Check call the flop, Turn, Then maybe value bet(fold to a raise) the river is best then?

Pretty much WA/WB isn't it?

So heres what my thinking was mid hand:
Im ahead of a fair ammount of hands(i dont whip out a calcultor or pokerstove mid hand obviously :P) so if i bet the worse will fold and the best will raise.

i can go into call down mode(Or he may raise as a bluff) if i pair up or the board pairs up my chances to win improve(Kickers less likly to beat me etc) and 2pair will probably win.

Then i check to him on the river, Now a weak queen or ok hand will probably check behind but a big ace will bet so i can fold or call depending on SBs decision(Hard to beat callers, But betters can bluff respectively).

So thats my mid hand reasoning, i need to improve my reasoning in these hands but i guess its all experience and learning concepts.