View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: management

"But on the other end of the spectrum, you've gotta consider that most of the newbies are dealing the smallest games, which are full of NEWBIE PLAYERS too!"

This is Bull Sh!T in my opinion. Most every Vegas room has no-limit today. Just yesterday some knucklehead dealer, just coming out of the 2-4, couldn't count my $900 flop bet even though I had it evenly stacked. The entire table just looked on in shock at his mental breakdown. We (the players) were all trying to be sympathetic & helpful . But, he was like a deer in the headlights. It took way too long to get him on the right page.

If these rooms are going to spread no-limit (even with the restricted buy-ins, pots can get much bigger then in a $30-60 game), they should try to implement some sort of quality standard for their dealers.

Heck, I like what Cathleen McCall (now floor at Wynn) used to do when she ran Palace Station (before she went to GN & Wynn but after her stint at the Mirage). She would work with the more green dealers and give them dealing classes to help them improve. It helped the dealer's (and players) a lot. I like the way that girl works!

Best Wishes

Howard