Thread: The dream hand.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 02:47 AM

Default The dream hand.

I played 4-8 this afternoon with the worst bunch of poker players I've ever played with. I'm in the small blind with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The entire table limped so why not. $2 to me. I call. Flop.. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, BB leads out. All but 1 players calls, I call. Turn. A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BINGO Check.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] BB leads out again. 4 callers and a raise. The button 3 bets. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I smooth call $24 and ALL remaining players call! The river comes a harmless J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I lead out. BB raises and it gets capped 6 way action before it gets back to me. I show down the nuts fully expecting a chop pot. I get shown pocket 2's, pocket 3's, pocket 8's, A-2, and A-3. The others never showed. How I was even able to see the flop is beyond me, nevermind the turn! There were other great hands but that one was by far the funnest. I made one set all day and it was cracked. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My day? Plus $860 playing 4-8. This is after blowing $160 on the previous table. Isn't ESPN wonderful.