View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Comment on Miller\'s Editorial

Hi Peter,
Well, the thing about the PODxt ads and manual are they make it appear as though all those classic sound of say, Zep IV are just going to fall out of it. Or more correctly those tones. Not the playing skill. I'm here to tell you. It doesn't work like that. LOL!

I own the PODxt, POD 2.3, V-amp2 and several of the real amps they model. I've been messing with recording since I was 12 and am now 43. I think I have a reasonable background to say that Line 6's copy writers are a bit optimistic.

Sort of like Ed's latest editorial. Some folks may have done what he says. I don't question that. But my god, does it not read like, "I read SSHE and that one book changed my into a WSOP level champ."

As an example, I've studyied and outlined Ed's Short Stack system, and have played it as best I could for as much as 24 hours straight at time and have concluding some important things really are left out. (e.g. playing from the blinds? How to determine if you *are* best on the flop??? Not just "if you think you are best"... and that's really the key to the whole game now, isn't it?)

Anyway, it just has that feel of an infomercial. "Joe Blow made a million at this and you could to..." Then the really fine print or really fast blurb comes by..."results not typical".

Sort of like the red herring thing on stocks. "Neither approved nor disapproved" LOL!

Somewhat reminds me of Wade Cook books or Jake Bernstein as well.

Just freakin once I'd like to see one of these "make money" publications really work, for *me*.

If the income of the info marketers out there was tied to thier customer base's results I think you'd see a lot of things change or disappear altogether. But that's a general critique from a lifetime of seeing and reading these sort of things and *never* once seeing one actually work.