View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Um, Am I the only one who thinks Runs are an important statistic?

I joined a fantasy baseball league on CBS Sportsline. It was set up by my roommates friend. It's a Head to Head points league, which is new to me. On opening day, I realized we weren't getting points for runs. I checked the scoring system and sure enough, runs are not counted. I made a post asking why we didn't count runs and another player posted the same question independently after I did. Teh commissioner decided to count runs. Well, this opened a huge can of worms and the other 7 players in the league each weighed their two cents on why runs shouldn't count. Call me crazy, but I think runs are a pretty vital statistic in baseball. More than say . . . . .walks. we get a point for walks, -1 for KOs, 1 for SB, -1 for CS, 1 for 1b, 2 for 2b, etc. But no points for runs. It blows my mind, but runs were outvoted 7-3 with the commissioner voting to ban it because "runs aren't an individual statistic. It depends on who they have behind them in the lineup." Maybe I am wrong, but I always considered runs to be pretty freaking important. Am I just way off the mark on this, or am I in a strange league that has the 7 people on the planet who think otherwise.

-AA