View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: AQ, multiple bets, no showdown, and I\'m lost

[ QUOTE ]
I had played against villian before but surprising had no notes on him or PT stats. All I can say is I knew he wasn't a 100% straightforward player and leave it at that.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

His OR took me by surprise as I was getting ready for a blind battle. I'm not folding AQ to an LP open and I probably should have 3-bet, but was trying to remember my read on this guy and became unsure of my move so I weakly CC.

Flop: (5.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

I'm raisng to see how much this dude like his hand and I may very well have the best hand against a LP PFR. Maybe I take it down right here and if not I'm taking control at least.

Turn: (4.67 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

I'm really unsure about this 3-bet. I know AA and QQ are unlikely but there are 6 combos of KK. At the same time I think a semi-bluff with a str8 or FD draw is very possible from this player.

River: (10.67 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds.

Well I'm happy to win the hand but I'm lost as to what villian was holding and just how badly did I play this hand.

Final Pot: 11.67 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can call this preflop. This is fold or raise ( I would tend towards fold). Other then that it looks fine.