View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: Follow up question

I think I could throw away the bottom 10 - 20% of hands, utter trash like 32o through stuff like 84o or 92o. With these hands, even when we flop a pair, we'll still lose a fair amount of the time. So we lose 1.5 BB when we miss the flop and I'm not sure we can extract enough after the flop.

Against the theoretical raise-everything model, we probably can eke out a tiny profit (at a great expense to us), but it's not easy. Certainly if we had references to equity simulations at our fingertips we'd be in better shape. If we have 3h 2c and the board is 9d 8d 6s 3c by the turn, what is our equity against a random hand? Is it bigger than 50%? What if the river is the Jh, do we keep raising? Or the Td? Or the As? Having to make a decision at the table, I'd be at a loss.

The sad ending to my maniac story is that he only lasted about 50 hands at 10/20. He sat down with 25 BB and lost all of them. Unfortunately, I ended the session down 12 BB. In the K4 hand I posted, wouldn't you know he had A4? But that was back in my running bad days and I've been running so good the last two days, I can't complain. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]