View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: How much would you pay for a Barry G hand problem book?

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that most profitable for Barry would be to price the book at $250. 22% of voters are willing to pay that much. It would be interesting to hear what Barry thinks about the results of the poll. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Writing a book is a lot of work. I spent two years, on and off, on the last one. Even my detractors should have been able to notice the effort I put in, insuring that the quality of the production was better than anything before it.

One issue about writing a book of hands is that it slightly goes against my idea that poker is much more than hands. But I'm assuming some of you liked the way I wrote what I was thinking about as I played the hands in Ace on the River, so there is some value there.

I have thought about what hands I would include, and, as in AOTR, they would primarily be hands that I screwed up. There was a five hand meltdown in one round of play at the 2003 WSOP that led to my elimiation on day three. (Some of you will remember that I was the chip leader on day one.) I have only mentioned these hands to close family members. And now you want to pay me to describe what I did wrong. I would almost be more inclined to pay someone so I wouldn't have to expose my incompetence! Fortunately, I wasn't at the hole card table.

Barry