View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 06:19 AM

Default Re: A 2-Hour Experiment in Folding

Sooooo many hands.

Hand 1: I'm calling that river raise against this particular opponent every time. A guy that aggressive is going to be raising the river with a lot of hands that you beat here...or at the least, getting 11:1 on your call, I think it's safe to assume he's bluffing/raising a worse hand at least 1 in 11 times.

Hand 2: Good fold. This guy looks pretty passive, and I think it's safe to give him credit for a rivered 2 pair or straight or whatever.

Hand 3: Once again, unless he's the extremely rare slight loose/passive player who actually adjusts his gameplay based on yours, a good fold. He's probably not check/raising you without the flush here, and you don't have anywhere near the odds to draw to a 4-outer against that.

Hand 4: This one I don't like. Even a relatively passive player will make odd moves here like betting out with his A2 or K3 or AQ or what have you. I don't think that his lead on the flop absolutively has to be top pair, and against this opponent, I think you can run a raise/check through line pretty much always.

Hand 5: Good fold. Pretty much every draw that he could've had just came in on the river, and it's hardly outside the realm of possibility that he had the Q all the way.

Hand 6: Yuck. Way too weak to fold an overpair at this point in the hand, especially since the pot is laying you more than enough odds to try and turn your 2-outer (if that's indeed what you have). Don't try too hard to find "good folds".

Hand 7: This one's a little iffy, yes, but probably a good fold based on his likely 3-betting range. Really, the only hand he could reasonably hold that you're ahead of is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the pot isn't big enough to call down on that chance.

Hand 8: There might be a fold on the turn, but it'd take a far better player than me to make it. I pay this one off every time. And franky, I often bet/call the river.

Hand 9: I'm not too hot on this fold, either--I think villain flopped two pair a pretty big portion of the time, and against every two pair combo except K7 you have enough outs to see the river.

Hand 10: Good fold. If it's me, though, I choke down the vomit long enough to bet/fold the turn, intending to check through a non-Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river.

Hand 11: You didn't give a read for BB, but against all but the most passive players I'm raising the flop. As it played out...yeah, probably a good turn fold the second time around.