View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Being critisized got me thinking

Personally I would not make the raise here because it opens you up to a re-raise all-in from the LMP as you note, also 22 is a hand you probably want customers with if you aren't going to try and take it down right there (and you are unlikely to take it down right there with a minimal raise). As for the blinds making a play with a big hand, I suspect the is irrelevant, they will do it whether or not you raise the minimum. In fact raising the minimum might make it more likely for them to call in order to check raise you on the flop when its likely you'll bet since you raised pre-flop (although based on your post it seems you might not be that type of player and they might know this).

As for his criticism, whatever :-). You don't say exactly how much he had but if I guess 9000 and he put in 800 preflop and then moved all in to a ~3000 pot against the raiser I don't really like the play ~2500 would have been more than 1/4 your stack and enough to fold you out if you have nothing but have enough left to get away if there are problems. Maybe he was worried you would check through and there was a two flush on the board.