View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Need Help with agressive lunatic

I am running into a guy that I can not beat. Now granted I have played him two days in a row and maybe 150 hands total but this guy gets me on tilt and I have to leave. Game 7 stud/1-2/.25 Ante/.5 Bring In

What I figure is this guy will complete with pair (including low pair no kicker), Ace anything, 3 flush, 3 straight inside/outside

The one of the two hands that got to me were I had Aces buried, he was showing a 4, I was showing a J. 3rd St he completes I raise, everyone else went out at that point little dead moeny in the pot. That is what you do with high pair knock the drawers out?

4th st he caught a T, I caught a suited card, we when back and four raising and re-rasing til we capped. 5th he catches a 6, and again I get my third suited card(which doesn't help because I was showing clubs with a spade and diamond). We go at it again.

6th I bet, he raised, I called (I didn't want to go further because I had not made my two pair). Same thing on 7th
(oh no A's and 1 J out after 3rd)

I flip over Aces and he flips over 6's buried to give him 3 of a kind.

Other hand was I had Kings up after five, he flips over a straight with 3 cards down. Again the same type of betting.

My question is did I play it right? I believe the conventional way to play these types of oppenents is let them run over you when you have a good hand? And make them pay for cards when they are drawing? Did I overplay the Aces? I was in the lead until 5th? I had a good shot at two pair or trips?

Right now I am avoiding this person until I can figure this out, I still watch him though to see how others react

Fustrated
Crash