Thread: BS KK AA
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: BS KK AA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally disagree with the whole "never fold KK preflop" mentality. They say if you have KK there's only a 3% chance that someone else will have AA but if you have KK and someone raises you all-in preflop then there's more than a 3% chance that they have AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a very good point, but given the amount of dead money that ends up in the middle in these situations, calling with KK when you're behind is often a small mistake and folding KK when you're ahead is a huge one.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely situations where you can fold KK preflop. They are however, extraordinarily rare. I've never folded KK preflop online. I've done it twice live, and one of those times was a tournament bubble situation where I would have folded Aces. The other time was a live NL game where the action went something like this: UTG raises to 6x the BB, UTG +2 Me (I have a tight table image) reraises to 15x the BB, Solid TAG to my left pushes a deep stack. UTG folds. I look down at my KK, also having a deep stack, ponder for a very long time, and fold. I put his hand range at KK-AA to push after a lead by me, and a reraise. He did have AA. However, this was dependent on the fact that it was a live game, I knew the player well, and I couldn't put him on AK or QQ. I'd have a hard time laying down KK preflop online in a non-bubble situation.