View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: AQs, lots of outs on turn but trapped between two raisers

[ QUOTE ]
If your opponent is poor the implied odds on your K are pretty monstrous. I'd call here, I'm not expecting BB to have the 9, like, ever, and I don't expect him to re-raise with less than a 9. If BB was some random floater on the flop who donked the turn I'd fold without a second thought. There's also no way I'm raising the flop against that guy, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's close, and I wouldn't say calling was playing poorly at all. But I don't think the implied odds are monstrous. You're three-handed with one street to play, the last known aggressor (when you call the turn raise) is to your right and there's a seemingly solid player on your left who you'll be facing with two cold and you were the PFR that raised the flop and then CC'd the turn. The flop contained a FD and if the K of flush hits that's going to freeze up the river action when you CC turn and come alive on the river. Even without the flush card hitting, the board will be 78TJK. I'm not sure you're collecting a capped or three-bet river, and I'm pretty sure you're not if a 9 falls (if you do, you're chopping or UTG is a complete idiot). If UTG is a complete idiot, then the turn call becomes easier, IMHO, because he could be doing stupid stuff on the turn and if BB doesn't have a 9 then you're likely to see the river for two bets.