View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Is this push OK?

Dude find a better spot than that...you're willing to bet almost your whole stack that hes on a steal when you still have 55-60 BB?? I just fold this one, no reason to bust yourself here. If you had a stack of about 8000 I could see possibly making this play b/c I like to bludgeon the small guys, but otherwise I just call and evaluate on the flop or preferably fold it. Bad luck that button is enough of a donk to call the jacks preflop b/c it seems that your play may have worked. Regardless, I just fold the pair here. Not much need defending my $50 when it was only 1/60 of my stack to begin with.

P.S. Races suck. Get it in as a favorite. I like to see a flop when I'm making this sort of move; if you really put him on a steal (this requires position obviously) just see the flop and move in if the board has a good texture. This has worked for me plenty of times in the past. Note I don't recommend the stop and go (puttin all your chips in no matter what flops) because lots of players try to "semi-steal" with some moderate hands (i.e. ace-x, suited connectors), but depending on a read I would consider moving in after the flop to put him to the test.

Steve

EDIT: I'm glad to see you're trying new moves...ballsy of you to try them in the $200 game though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. Wish I had the cajones to do that.