View Single Post
Old 08-19-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: altercation w/ dealer and floor at Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to add that I suspect that you and your friends at 4am may very well have been a bit loud and inappropriate before this incident took place.
Any swear-words tossed back and forth BEFORE the hand in question?
Any drunken-loud sillyness to irk the dealer BEFORE it happened?

Given the way he jumped on your case so quickly about this I would think it's possible that he called the floor over because he was sick of your behavior IN GENERAL (not just on the single WTF comment on the hand).

Obviously I wasn't there and I don't know.
but I'm just guessing based on typical 4am group of friends live-straddling, etc.
Of course poker is supposed to be fun so this in itself shouldn't be a problem. I've just been with enough 4am groups of friends live-straddling who have been a bit over-the-top to know what is possible (plus the fact that the dealer and floor obviously didn't like you).

[/ QUOTE ]
Not at all, believe it or not. In fact, the dealer had just sat at the table a few hands ago. For what it's worth, I wasn't drinking either. I would have understood if his reaction was to an ongoing drunken-like attitude, but it struck me as so unnecessary simply because it was only to a completely passive "well that sucks, because had I known that I would have played" comment.