View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Results (poll + table)

At the table I paused and paused. Eventually I called.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results below:
SB has 3h 3s (full house, eights full of threes).
Hero has Ah 8h (four of a kind, eights).
CO has Ac 4c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB.

All turned out ok in the end [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

At the turn I thought that SB had to have at least the nut flush, and CO at least a flush, or maybe aces or the other 8. Which kinda threw me because I guess the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] was a likely dead card, and possibly my 8. So my outs could be as few as 2 or 3. As it was I had 6 outs (666,AA,8) or 7 if you count the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] which was actually dead. I didn't have the odds to call and even with the implied odds of the extra river bets if I hit, it's marginal.

And no, I didn't go for the river check-raise. The last time I hit big on the river with a nut flush it got checked around 5 players [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]