Thread: 25/50 hand
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Default Re: 25/50 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am over being the nit who always says fold preflop so instead I offer the following story. Mike and I were at Hawaiian Gardens on friday and he was playing in a super loose passive game. We were going to take a break and I walk by his table as he plays his last hand from UTG before taking his big blind. He lets me sweat him and picks up the first card that shows a duece. He waits for the second card and without looking at it spins the both of them face down in the muck and we go outside for some fresh air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this once, with a 4, UTG+1 I think, during my uber-tight I've read the book with the charts and know everything faze. 6/12 game. Made a joke about it to the dealer, who I was friendly with. "Only need to see one," and folded. She snuck a peak at my hand.

Flop was xx4 and she smirked a little. Turn x, river 4.

Turns out I folded quads.

This hand led me to the still ubertight I've read the book with the charts but now I see the flop with any pair faze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Information about what you are folding is MUCH harder to get than information about what you're playing. Don't give it away so easily. Always wait for the 2nd card.

-eric

ps. folding quads led you to alwayd pocket pairs? make sure you look away any time you fold 72.