View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: 99 overpair out of position on $100NL 6max

[ QUOTE ]

I would love to check but this won't tell me anything more about Villain's hand. I'm sure he would see my check as weakness, an indication that my flop action was a lame continuation bet. I fear he would throw a pot sized bet at me, practically forcing me to fold (would anybody go over the top if he did? I wouldn't have the balls).

In fact I bet around half - $15 into a ~$27 pot, and after a little bit of thinking villain minraises to $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not being sarcastic when I say this: You bet half the pot, got raised and still had absolutely no idea what path to take. So, you charged yourself a minimum of $15 to end up in exactly the same place you would have been if you had checked. If you are really lost about what to do if you bet and get raised, I don't think you should bet. Also, if you do bet, I would make it more like $20. A 1/2 pot bet is an invitation for a tricky player to raise you.

[ QUOTE ]

Folding this when it's only $15 to call the ~$73 pot just feels wrong (is it??). Calling feels too weak. I feel the urge to push allin here but why would I want to go broke with 99? Since I'm so unsure of where I stand, I think I should just lay it down here, and accept that from a pot-control point of view, played this horribly.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're behind, the best you can hope for is that you have two 4s and two 9s to save you. I don't think folding here is wrong if you believe you are behind,

[ QUOTE ]

Perhaps a limp-call preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

At six-max? I am going to have to say: No. I think the problem street here is the turn, not pre-flop.

SpaceAce