View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Redefining \"Cold-Decked\"

[pedant mode: ON]
This really is a new definition of "cold-decked". I always assumed it meant getting dealt good but 2nd-best hands (at showdown), which is the most expensive way to lose.

Crappy starting hands cost you the least amount of money, call it getting bad cards or running cold, but it is not getting cold-decked.

Cold-decking is where the deck is set up to give you good hands that you take to SD and lose big on (set over set, K-high flush to Ace etc.).
[pedant mode: OFF]

I have run at V$IP 12 PFR 8 for quite a few sessions of 600-800 hands. Worse is running Won$atSD<45% for 1,000 hand stretches. I know which I prefer.

Folding garbage that other players see the flop with is making you as much money as raising PF for value against those same crappy starters.

I guess there is not much advice that can be given other than stick with it, frustrating as it is. Too much navel gazing may lead you to conclude you are shockingly unlucky (I went through this late last year after 2 long bad months) but wont change anything. Master your impatience and keep reading books. Keep the sessions short if you are getting frustrated and maybe play some full-ring/tourneys where you can feel more comfortable folding for 1 hour at a time...