View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: The Maximum Outs in hold \'em vs. a made hand

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever you are defining the nuts, you have to stop at the given stage in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Did you overlook my definition, which does not rely on stopping in the middle of the hand?

[ QUOTE ]
AA is the nuts preflop. On a rainbow flop of AA7, it is the stone cold nuts on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are going to post, please take the time to think about this more clearly. Quads on the flop can be beaten. Someone can always catch a runner-runner straight flush. So, that definition is just about useless.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to say that on a flop of A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] isn't the nuts because A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is a better hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that's not what I said at all.

Any AA is a favorite over any other hand heads-up on that flop. If I have A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], you can't have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].