View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 02:17 AM

Default Re: Very odd QQ spot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cmon CO limped after 3 limpers. Push that [censored].

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking exactly...and I promptly lost to AA.

WTF?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen people plan to slowplay AA like this but then decide to limpraise after someone puts in a nice bet. This seemed odd to you because who the hell limps planning to limpraise after 3 people? The fact is that when he limped he didn't expect to limpraise, you're right. But then once someone's shown a willingness to put some big money in, he opts to wake up. This is not uncommon. People change their minds during a hand all the time, so unless you know for a fact that they're good and thinking players, they may not be thinking ahead so don't try to fit their line with something well thought-out.

Against this guy, what are the odds of him making this play with anything but AA/KK? Exceedingly close to zero. There is just no chance that a guy like this suddenly has the balls to make a goofy play with anything short of a monster. Just none.

Yet you still have to call for set value. Theres $90 in the pot currently. You have to call $26. You also stand to gain another $150 or so from the raiser and it's likely that one or both limpers call. All in all thats about 10:1 implied, especially since you get his stack nearly every time you set. Guys like this can't fold AA on an undercard flop, even if its QJ9. These guys are so stackable its delicious.

Good luck

Everett