View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Size Does Matter

[ QUOTE ]
Afternoon 50 rebuy on Stars. Loose fishy player limps UTG+2 with blinds at 100/200. I make it 800 with AcJc, SB calls and limper calls. Going to the flop SB has 14737, limper has 10288 and I have 13630. Flop is 5dJh4d. SB leads for 1400 into the 2600 pot. Limper folds...now what? SB seems like a solid competent player, but I don't really know anything about him and havent seen him show down a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this not an easy raise? I would figure SBs range something like Axd or maybe even KQd. He could also have Jx, but I doubt J5 or J4. He also could have flopped a set and felt with 2 diamonds on the board he had to bet it, but I still think if it's a set he would CR a lot here.

If the limper calls I think this hand gets a lot more interesting, but as is I would pop it to ~4000 (maybe a little less, but not much) and see how he reacts. I'm then pushing any non-diamond on the turn if it's checked to me, and I would have to re-evaluate if he came back and pushed on the flop. I think you're fav over his range here, and I think giving him a cheap look at the turn would be a mistake. I don't think I can put any considering into folding this flop without some sort of read.

-Rizen