View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: 22 - QQ overpair wuss fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise a little more preflop, to maybe 90 or 100 or so, and I'd push this flop I think. Sometimes you go broke but I think you're ahead most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like to make the "hey I have AA-QQ"-raises preflop in level 1-2. I don't want to be too obvious and I don't find it all that hard getting all the money in when I want to postflop anyway.

As for the flop, I respect flop minraises more than most posters here. I don't think it has hurt my results doing so.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree that making a larger raise makes it obvious that you have qq-aa. in fact, it often may appear that your hand is more vulnerable if you raise more, no?

as for the bet and min raise on the J66 flop you can only be worried about JJ and x6.

does jj or x6 bet into a preflop raiser? probably not. most likely they slowplay.

does jj or x6 min raise that flop? not likely. x6 wouldnt have any draws to fear except maybe a jack.

youre most certainly good here, probably up against 77-tt and qj-aj (by first to act and min raiser, respectively) i would suspect.

im pushing.