View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Taking risks in early levels (1 - 3): worth it?

While most 2+2ers it seems would stay away from close decisions when blinds are small, what are the opinions on taking a few more risks in the first few levels to build some sizeable chips?

I recently had several STT's where I've stayed out of the mayhem that resulted in one player ended up knocking out two people one one hand and could shove the table around for the rest of the game. I'm not talking AA vs AK vs KK or anything to that effect, just plain old fashion "oh yeah, f you too buddy" type raises and then having some junk hold up. From then on, as I played a normal solid game, I couldn't really make plays b/c I am sure I'd get called (and sure was) and would run into being busted out by a much weaker hand preflop since the big stack had me covered by so much.

My thought is, would it be worth it opening up the game in the first level or two, to try to lure one of these people looking to lose their entire stack. I'd rather them lose it to me than someone else. I'm not advocating any sort of strategy but was wondering if possibly trying to see a bunch of cheap flops on levels 1 and 2 could benefit in the long run.