Thread: Diversification
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Diversification

[ QUOTE ]
One of your previous posts stated you were 100% GOOG. I think this is tremendously unwise. It's not just a question of GOOG being a good co., it's a question of whether the market is overvaluing it or not. You have all sorts of risk, from competition, to valuation, to market size and growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

While DesertCat's entire post was excellent, I wanted to requote this. The idea of concentrating your portfolio into a few superstar investments is one that has its place... IF YOU ARE VERY KNOWLEDGIBLE.

With all due respect, I believe your judgement isn't developed enough yet to make concentration work for you. Mine certainly isn't either. There are intelligent people like DesertCat who spend 40 hours a week, every week, researching, reevaluating, making mistakes and learning from them. I don't think you've done that... and until you do, there are levels of knowledge you haven't yet attained.

I don't know your story, but I have the feeling that you are long on smarts, but a little short on experience. I think if you continue to invest your portfolio heavily in stocks like GOOG, you will get horribly burned one of these days.