View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: How many times have you been pulled over...

15+
haven't gotten a ticket since I was 17 and the 15+ are post-17.

Actually, I got 1 and went to court and had it waived.

The key: It's all about respect, which is totally different from ass-kissing, which cops hate (especially staties).

Here is a real, unembellished story from no more than 2 months ago:

I hop on 495 heading to work on the Cape. I do 70-85 on a regular basis, but don't drive like a dick. I'm driving for about 3 minutes and BOOM, next thing I know a unmarked red car is flashing behind me. I pull over and the dude is glued to my bumper. After stopping, I put it in park, crack my window and <u>put my hands on the steering wheel</u> . Statie comes over to my window and in a pissed off tone says "I've had you at 85-90 for half a mile, license and registration". I say "I'm going to reach in my back pocket and get my license. Then I am going to reach into the glove and get my registration". I do that and as I hand him my stuff I look him in the eye and "No excuse". That's it. No more, no less.
He went back to his cruiser, wrote away for 5 minutes and came back with a WARNING for going 70 in a 65.

The moral of the story is three-fold:
1-Cops don't want you reachin' around the cab lookin' all suspicious and sh*t.
2-Cops hate 'boot-lickers', as they call them. Don't "No sir, Yes Officer" him to death.
3-Cops hate excuses. Don't give them.

Follow those rules and the only time you'll get a ticket is if the guy is just an asshat