View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Interesting hand 43s raise in 6max NL!

Here is how it went, I dont' have the official hand converter so here it goes in my own words!

Crypto network (Betfair) 6max 1/2 pound NL, max buy-in 200 pounds!

Me UTG 300, the other guy 200.

I have 43h and raise 6,
I get 2 callers and the small blind reraises to 24!

I called additional 18 - now I know you may find it a questionable play but that's the way I play and it works for me, those hands are great moneymakers when they hit and they also ensure that after flopping a set of Ks you can build 200 pound pot because no one believes you!

2 callers folded, so the pot is 60 pounds.

I was sure at that time that the SB had either JJ-QQ or KK. He wouldn't reraise from the first position with hand that needs help from the flop and I felt he would make a smaller raise with AA.

So, the flop came

3d 7h As

and the SB put in another 25, now I was even more sure he didn't have AA as he would like to trap me on such benign looking flop and I certainly didn't believe he would reraise with 33 and 77.

So I called.

The turn came

5h

Now I had plenty of outs (2s, 3s, 4s, 6s and hearts for two pairs, straight and flush) and I liked what I saw plus I had the position and the A on board as I still believed he had JJ-KK.
At that time I expected him to stop betting and I would make a pot sized bet and pick it up right there.

But too my surprise he bet another 40.

I almost instantly put him all-in for my remaining 200, his 100!

He called and the river came another A!

I was toast and he overturned QQ!

After that I was subject of mockery: retard, muppet, haha serves you right for raising with 43s!

But in my opinion his play was bad as I wouldn't be laying any A rag from the flop on, plus I had a ton of outs and he hadn't anything going for him but his inability to lay down QQ and much luck!

So, what do you think?