View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Big pot with TT on QQ board.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What hands make a mistake against you on the river? After taking a glance at the stack sizes it's not as bad as it looks at first, but I still don't get it. Normally you bluff if you can't win by checking... representing a hand that's just a little bit better than what you actually hold is a recipe for making -EV bets. Did you actually expect him to call with something worse? Or you were making this (small?!) bet to somehow move him off of exactly AA/KK/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet is $80, pot is $250... you don't think 88 or 99 can find a call here? I think I am behind after this action just about never.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be amazed to see them call.

I played a somewhat similar hand last week. I'd raised to $14 UTG with KK, and it was folded to the BB who called. Notes from a previous session say "very tight" and so far in this session that's seemed to have been the case as well. My image is basically TAG. Flop is QQ7 rainbow and she leads right out and I call pretty quickly. Turn is a rag and she fires out again about 4/5 pot or so. I call again. River is another queen and she checks. I can find absolutely no value in betting here and check behind. She shows 65s. My read was that her two most likely hands were 77 or nothing, and she doesn't call with either of them.