View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Homosexuality, Homophobia and Evlolution

[ QUOTE ]
There is homsexual behavior, i.e. acts of sexual gratification between members of the same sex, and homsexual orientation, i.e. a person with homsexual orientation is sexually attracted exclusively or primarily to people of the same sex

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that there is a bell curve of sexuality from exclusively heterosexual on one end and exclusively homosexual on the other end. There are probably very few people who are at either end of the spectrum.

My wife and I decided to make a chart one time and "plot" the people that we know as to where we thought they would fall (okay it was a boring car ride from Minneapolis to Chicago). The chart had on one end of the Y axis Sexually disinterested on the other Nympho; on one end of the X axis completely Heterosexual on the other completely Homosexual. When we started putting people that we knew in the chart, very few people were on the edges of the graph.

[ QUOTE ]
Sex serves many funtions in human beings, but the primary function is reproduction

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the primary biological function, but if you think reproduction is the primary function of sex in humans, you're crazy.

[ QUOTE ]
What causes homosexuality?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm one who thinks it is probably an inherent trait. What I can't yet figure out is why hasn't natural selection gotten rid of homosexuality entirely (I would suspect that the answer lies somewhere in my first point which is that sexuality is better viewed as a spectrum than an either/or proposition).