Thread: First hand SnG
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Re: First hand SnG...results

I decided to push allin for the simple fact that if the original bettor had a smaller pr I had him beat and may get him to fold (slight chance) and if there was AA out there then oh well.If by chance I was up against Ax and AA then there is a better chance of one of my kings showing on the board than the forth ace.

The reason I didnt call to see a flop was with the size of the raise, the second player was already preparred to go allin no matter what flopped (and I have seen people do it with smaller pr's as well as Ax) so unless an Ace flopped I was pretty much committed, so why not push and try to force it heads up.both players were just as likely to have smaller pr's (QQ JJ TT ) or to have Ax,Kx and the such.

Both call the allin...original bettor shows suited AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the other shows AA nobody's hand improves

I lose, chuckle and start a new trny

I found the hand interesting but was in no way upset with the outcome. I think under the cicumstances my push was good and was preparred for the possibility that the ace's were out there (wasnt expecting the see the AK to go with it, but oh well)

This type of situation is one of the reasons I dont like to play the first few hands in a trny, and really dont like getting good cards right off the bat (unless its AA) but does keep the game interesting to say the least [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]