View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 10:43 PM

Default Re: The AK turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
"When the open raise comes from later position, or its just a guy who has a very big range, I think checking the turn is a very big mistake, since he can now have a lot of 6 out hands, 109, QJ, etc."

If you check the turn and he has a 6 out hand, it is not a mistake if he usually bluffs the river when he misses(which is often the case). It also depends of the frequency of his bluff turn c/r's and your response to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I dont really disgree there are a million other variables to consider, and how likely he is to checkraise the has a lot to do with it. In the past I used to tell myself, I'm gonna check behind this turn because the board has some draws to it and this guy is capable of checkraise bluffing me on the turn. Then I thought about it, and decided that if he fairly likely to checkraise me with a worse hand, I may as well put the bet in and let him try it. Anyhow, I do agree that it can be fine to check in spots where he very well may have 6 outs, if he is very likely to fire into you on the river when he misses.